Paeonia 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' (Itoh Intersectional) (10) plants
Height: 36 Inches; Spread: 24-36 Inches
Flower Color: Pink shades; Foliage Color: Green shades
Hardiness Zone: 4 - 9
Full sun to Part shade
Low water to Average water needs
Deer and Rabbit resistant
Blooms Late spring
‘Yankee Doodle Dandy’ produces semi-double to occasionally double deep pink flowers. Flowers fade slightly, but remain attractive throughout the blooming season. This variety is very floriferous, with 6” flowers appearing on very strong stems. Disease resistant, dark green foliage will look attractive all season long.
Intersectional Peonies offer the best qualities of both garden and tree peonies combined including:
- Very large, tree peony-like flowers in colors not previously seen in herbaceous types
- Healthy, herbaceous foliage similar to tree peonies but with a robust, bushy habit that does not require staking
- Strong, herbaceous stems that hold the flowers upright even after a heavy rain; makes a better landscape plant than older herbaceous peonies
- A longer bloom time due to additional flowers being produced on side shoots
- Extreme winter hardiness like herbaceous types but with increased vigor
The most critical aspect of planting peonies is proper planting depth. For intersectional peonies, the crown should be planted 1½ - 2 inches below soil level. If the eyes have already begun to grow, they may stick up above the soil a bit after planting the crown below soil level.
Mature field grown plant shipped bare root.
Click here for more ordering and shipping information